The Manor House

It is believed that the manor house was built for a Breton nobleman around about 1490. The names of some of it’s previous owners have been used in the naming of the rooms, one of whom was a local senechal ( district legal advisor to the King).


During the 19th and 20th Centuries, Kerlédan was rented out to tenant farmers, who worked the fertile land with cows, pigs and chickens, producing milk, butter and cider.


From the 1960’s Kerlédan was abandoned and it was not until the mid 1990’s that it was given a kiss of life by a Parisian couple, who rescued the house from the grip of nature.

A new roof, doors and windows made the manor house dry and secure, which is when Peter and Penny bought Kerlédan and continued the renovation to it’s present state. Of course, as in all old buildings this is a never-ending project!

Alistair Sawdays Charme Bretagne
Bien Venue au Chateau Trip Advisor
Visit us on Facebook
© 2012 - 2014 Manoir de Kerlédan - Site April Media Productions